Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this Badazz Baked Beans, Beef and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground round, browned (poetry in motion, eh?)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove from the pan and sauté the onion and ground beef in the bacon drippings; drain if there is too much liquid.
- Combine all ingredients and place in a casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
I started making this dish mid-summer and have been asked to bring it to another 4 gatherings since then. Super easy to prepare and very delicious! A winner for sure!
I thought this was very good. I used 2 20 ounce cans of beans. Added 3 caramelized garlic cloves #118874 then followed everything else. Nice and sweet! DH loved it! Had it as a side. DS wrapped in a tortilla with some cheese. Good Stuff!
Miller, I prepared this yesterday for supper, but thought the 1/2 cup of molasses seemed to over power the taste of this dish. I think it should be reduced to 1/4 cup instead, or skip the molasses completely, and use 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar instead. I didn't have 1 lb. of ground beef, but I did have 1/2 lb., and it seem to be enough for this recipe. I plan on making this again, but I will substitute the dark brown sugar for molasses. After I do that, I will rate your recipe. Also, when I baked this, I covered it, so it wouldn't be dried out, and it wouldn't over cook the bacon or ground beef, since both of these 2 ingredients were already cooked in advanced.