King Arthur's Flour baking catalog (www.kingarthurflour.com; 800-827-6836) sells baking pans for making these regular or miniature doughnuts. The pans look like muffin pans with forms for making the holes in the doughnuts. Take a batch or two of these to your next feed-a-cop party. Makes 6 regular doughnuts or 24 mini-doughnuts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (see note)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh ground is best)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dried buttermilk baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons English brown ale (please don’t use American alcoholic fizzy-water)
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Melt the butter and let cool.
- 3Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and buttermilk powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter and beer until well blended.
- 5Grease the doughnut pan (or a mini-Bundt pan) with a generous amount of butter or vegetable shortening.
- 6Pour the liquid blend into the dry ingredients all at once, and mix just until blended (do not overmix, or the doughnuts will be tough).
- 7Fill each doughnut form half-full.
- 8Bake on the middle rack for 8 to 9 minutes for miniature doughnuts, 9 to 12 minutes for regular-size doughnuts.
- 9The doughnuts should not be browned on top.
- 10Remove pan from oven, let cool for a minute, remove from pan and roll in powdered sugar.
- 11Note: Use real butter or stick margarine.
- 12Do not substitute reduced-fat spreads; their higher water content often yields less-satisfactory results.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Badazz Baked Baby Beer Bundts for Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g