This is a really easy chicken qorma recipe that i got from a friend and have made several times. The addition of almonds gives it the name 'shahi qorma' and it is usually served at wedding feasts and other special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -7 cardamoms
- 10 -15 peppercorns
- 3 -4 black cardamom pods
- 6 -7 cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger, and
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
to add at end
- 1Heat oil, fry onions till golden brown, remove wtih slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2Heat Oil and add whole masalas except cinnamon.
- 3Stir fry till fragnant and crackling.
- 4Add 1 cup water in which you've added all the other masalas and the ginger and garlic.
- 5stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- 6Add in chicken pieces and fry well on high heat till chicken is white.
- 7Add in the cinnamon stick and fry a little more.
- 8Lower heat, cover and let the chicken cook in its own water till its begun to soften.
- 9Meanwhile, blend the yogurt with the fried onions and a tsp of cumin powder.
- 10Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken, stir well till all the chicken is coated and cover and cook till chicken is completely done (the oil will rise to the top when the curry is ready).
- 11Stir in ginger, nutmeg and garam masala.
- 12cover and turn off heat after 10 minutes.
- 13stir in almonds for garnish before serving.
- 14serve hot with naans.
Nutritional Facts for Badami Qorma
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.0
- Calories from Fat 545
- Total Fat 60.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 289.2 mg
- Sodium 1045.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 73.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black cardamom pods