Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
sanjeev kapoor's recipe for all of you.
- 400 g ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (blanched & peeled)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup boiled onion paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 5 g green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- Grind almonds to a paste, keeping a few aside for garnishing.
- Combine chicken mince, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Using a tablespoon, divide into equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Add chicken balls to boiling stock, lower heat and continue to cook until chicken balls are cooked and stock has almost evaporated. Keep aside.
- Transfer roasted gram flour to a bowl and add crushed almonds and mix.
- Heat oil, add boiled onion paste and cook till oil begins to separate. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and cook for a minute. Add tomato puree and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat. Add fresh cream, stirring continuously.
- Add koftas and bring to a boil. Adjust salt.
- Serve hot garnished with whole blanched almonds.