This easy-peasy sweet dish is a North Indian speciality that's rich and lick-your-fingers yummy... you can't possibly eat just one! Prep. time includes 20 minutes of cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a shallow 6x6 inch pan with ghee.
- 2In a frying pan over a low flame, mix almonds, sugar and milk and keep stirring.
- 3After 5 minutes, add ghee.
- 4Continue stirring till the mixture thickens to the consistency of bread batter, and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- 5Continue stirring for another couple of minutes.
- 6Remove from flame and pour it into the prepared greased pan; smoothen surface of the mixture if necessary.
- 720 minutes later, after it partially cools down, cut into 1 inch squares using a knife or pastry cutter.
- 8Cool completely, and store squares in an airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Badam Burfi (Almond Squares)
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 43.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g