Prep 6 mins
Cook 12 mins
A fiery-hot buffalo wing I used to prepare when I was a private chef for some aristocrats in New York City. Simple to make and amazingly effective.
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce (formerly known as my "secret hot sauce")
- 1⁄2 chopped garlic clove (or 2 tbsp spoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (spread works also)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a small cooking pot. Heat on low / low-medium and stir until brown sugar and butter melt together and all ingredients are blended smooth. Continue to keep warm.
- Take 12 fresh chicken wing pieces (or frozen) and drop into fryer that has been preheated to 350 degrees. Cook for 9-12 minutes until crispy and golden brown. (NOTE: may cook faster with fresh chicken).
- Take large Tupperware container with lid and place chicken wings into container. Pour some sauce into bowl, cover and shake. Repeat until sauce is gone. Serve with celery and either blue-cheese or ranch. Guaranteed to make your friends sweat as well as beg for more. Great if served with beer. (I like Heineken) Supply the ladies with extra beer. Trust me, its way more effective -- .
I made these for my super bowl party and they were great! The flavor hit right on with my expectations and in fact, I upped the hot sauce to 3/4 cup, since my DH prefers it hot! I'll definitely be making again!
These deserve more than 5 stars!!! We all loved them! I went searching for a wing sauce recipe as I didn't have the normal bottled variety I buy. Don't think I will be buying that stuff from now on though. We really liked the heat of these plus the slightly sweet taste. A winner at my house for sure!