Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Think that all deviled eggs are basically the same?? Think again!!! The first time I made these, I literally piped the filing right into my mouth. I give props to Ann Hodgman for this one.
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled & sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (the real kind!!)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled fine
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish (I don't use)
- Plop the egg yolks into a bowl and mash them with the back of a spoon until smooth.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream and horseradish (if using).
- Ensure that the mixture is very smooth.
- Add into the egg mixture the bacon and green onions.
- Put the egg mixture into an icing bag and pipe the mixture into the egg whites.
- DO NOT try to pipe these using a star tip, the bacon will jam up the tip.
I am a southern girl and unfortunately did not like the taste or texture at all . I followed the directions exactly (not adding horseradish) and found them to be dry and with not much flavor. I tried two and threw the rest away.
I didn't think I cared for this, so I added salt to try to "fix" it. (Mistake!) The longer it sit in fridge, the better they got. I am sure they will be perfect the next time when I follow the directions!