Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Think that all deviled eggs are basically the same?? Think again!!! The first time I made these, I literally piped the filing right into my mouth. I give props to Ann Hodgman for this one.
- Plop the egg yolks into a bowl and mash them with the back of a spoon until smooth.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream and horseradish (if using).
- Ensure that the mixture is very smooth.
- Add into the egg mixture the bacon and green onions.
- Put the egg mixture into an icing bag and pipe the mixture into the egg whites.
- DO NOT try to pipe these using a star tip, the bacon will jam up the tip.
So good! I made them for the first time and my picky 8 year old sister couldn't stop eating them. Also, i omitted the bacon from the recipe.
These are so good! The bacon really makes them. Great flavor, made the filling the day before and piped them the day of and that made the flavors blend perfectly. Left out the horseradish but didn't miss it at all. Keeper!