Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
This is a recipe that once you try, you will always come back to. Every family has it's tried and true baked beans--and unfortunately, when my MIL passed away she took hers with her. So now this is the one I always use and the one I always get requests for.
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 (28 ounce) canscheap pork and beans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon in skillet till crispy. Set aside. Pour off all but a thin layer of the bacon fat and cook onion till soft.
- In large casserole dish, combine remaining ingredients and then add bacon, onion and the fat left in the skillet.
- Mix thoroughly and bake in a 375° oven for 45 minutes.