Recipe by 2Bleu
Bacon flavored mayonnaise, yummy! This is our copycat version of Baconnaise (which has no bacon in it). It uses bacon fat vs. soybean oil. Put it on sandwiches, burgers, BLT's and salad. Use it as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets.
Top Review by VanScoy
I like the idea but don't understand why 1 cup mayo is an ingredient. The lead-in says that the bacon fat replaces soybean oil in the mayo, so baconnaise should be an emulsion of egg yolks and bacon fat.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease, chilled
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hickory smoke seasoning (powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (or use cayenne pepper for a kick)
- 1 dash salt