Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Southern Living.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix (Stove Top)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain; crumble bacon and set aside.
- Discard all but 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- Sauté onion and next 4 ingredients in bacon drippings over medium-high heat until tender.
- In a large bowl, stir together stuffing mix, seasoning packet, and milk; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir bacon, sautéed vegetables, zucchini, and egg into cornbread mixture until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11x7 8inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes; sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake for 20 more minutes.