Recipe by DreamoBway
Every summer my friends throw a party they like to call Meatfest. It's a barbeque where meat is all that's eaten. Buns are allowed, but chips and salads are definitely frowned upon. It's all in good fun, and when I say Meatfest, I mean MEATFEST! A typical menu includes lion, bear, deer, buffalo, antelope, raccoon, squirrel, yak, camel, ostrich, and frog. So dessert has to have meat, too! Fellow Zaar member, MsKittyKat, had the brilliant idea of mixing peanut butter and bacon - two of my favorite ingredients. This cookie was the result. Pamela's baking mix is a gluten free flour blend. Please feel free to use all-purpose flour if you choose. These cookies are crispy and sweet with a little pop of savory flavor when you bite into the bacon. They're sure to be the talk of any occasion!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup splenda brown sugar (don't pack down)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups pamela's ultimate baking and pancake mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Mix in sugar, egg, and maple extract. Add Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix and combine. Fold in bacon crumbles.
- Spoon tablespoons of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork using a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan with a spatula.