Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I was young I use to help my mother out in the kitchen, mostly on holidays when we were preparing a big feast for the family. I do remember that we often made these scrumptious treats for family, but I do not have any recollection of where this recipe came from. I hope you enjoy these simple treasures as much as my family does.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- With a knife "neatly" cut off the crust from each piece of bread.
- Carefully spread cream cheese on each slice of bread.
- Cut bread into 3 long slices.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half.
- Roll up the bread making sure that the cream cheese is on the inside.
- Wrap the bacon directly around the bread.
- Take a toothpick and put it directly into the center so that it holds it together.
- Do this with all remaining ingredients.
- Line a cooking sheet with tin foil and place the bacon wraps directly on it.
- Cook for 20-30 min or until bacon is crispy.
- Once cooked remove and let cool.
- Remind your guests that there are toothpicks present.
We always made this in my family as well. People are always aprehensive at first, but once they pop these delicious morsels i their mouth they fall in love!! I have a slight variation. I spread the cream cheese on the bread , roll it up and then wrap the bacon around. I also find it works best with slightly stale bread (doesn't tear as much when spreading the cream cheese) ENJOY!!!!
Absolutely delicious!!! I made these for my mom and one of her friends when they came over for lunch. Everybody loved them, even my picky sister. I did have to bake them about 30 minutes to get them crispy. Also I only cut the bread in 3 slices because it was to thin for my taste. Great recipe, thanks for posting it, I will make this again.