Recipe by cookiecutter
This is a fun appetizer to make. It is very simple and very tasty! You can also use turkey bacon if you are health conscious.
Top Review by Manami
You have just taken me down memory lane with these wrapped water chestnuts - they are fantastic! The crispy crunch from the water chetnuts with the flavor of bacon are great! Delicious! How great I rated your 1st recipe, it was my pleasure I have been making these for years. Thanks for posting and welcome to the site, Diane
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half (may need more or less as number of water chestnuts varies per can)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning salt in a bowl (or plastic baggy).
- Add water chestnuts to bowl or plastic baggy and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain water chestnuts and wrap one half slice of bacon around each one, secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange on broiler pan and broil for 2-5 minutes on each side (place broiler pan 4 inches from heat). Bacon should be crispy.
- Place on serving dish and enjoy!