Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fun appetizer to make. It is very simple and very tasty! You can also use turkey bacon if you are health conscious.
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half (may need more or less as number of water chestnuts varies per can)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Combine lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning salt in a bowl (or plastic baggy).
- Add water chestnuts to bowl or plastic baggy and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain water chestnuts and wrap one half slice of bacon around each one, secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange on broiler pan and broil for 2-5 minutes on each side (place broiler pan 4 inches from heat). Bacon should be crispy.
- Place on serving dish and enjoy!
You have just taken me down memory lane with these wrapped water chestnuts - they are fantastic! The crispy crunch from the water chetnuts with the flavor of bacon are great! Delicious! How great I rated your 1st recipe, it was my pleasure I have been making these for years. Thanks for posting and welcome to the site, Diane