Recipe by bsdavis7
A cousin of mine loves cooking and shares all her favorites with me. This one came several years ago, I served these to a group and the requests have never ended. These are addictive and delicious.
Top Review by Laureen in B.C.
These are just wonderful little treats, I have been making them for a couple of years and people just love them. You can make them ahead by wrapping the smokies in the bacon and freezing at this stag. Thaw and bake as recipe indicates
- 2 lbs Little Smokies sausages (we use Hillshire Farm)
- 1 lb bacon (real bacon, no turkey bacon or maple flavored)
- 2 cups light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Line large baking sheet with foil (we don't always do this, but it's easier for cleanup).
- Cut bacon into thirds, resulting in several 3" strips.
- wrap each weiner with bacon, line them loosely in the pan as you go.
- Cover with brown sugar, it'll seem like a lot of sugar, but it cooks down
- Bake 375 for 45 minutes. Broil at the end until top is crisped.
- Hurry and get your share before everyone eats them all!