Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cousin of mine loves cooking and shares all her favorites with me. This one came several years ago, I served these to a group and the requests have never ended. These are addictive and delicious.
- Line large baking sheet with foil (we don't always do this, but it's easier for cleanup).
- Cut bacon into thirds, resulting in several 3" strips.
- wrap each weiner with bacon, line them loosely in the pan as you go.
- Cover with brown sugar, it'll seem like a lot of sugar, but it cooks down
- Bake 375 for 45 minutes. Broil at the end until top is crisped.
- Hurry and get your share before everyone eats them all!
These are just wonderful little treats, I have been making them for a couple of years and people just love them. You can make them ahead by wrapping the smokies in the bacon and freezing at this stag. Thaw and bake as recipe indicates
My husband and I just discussed making these for New Year's Eve and I thought I'd check to see if the recipe was posted. As indicated, these definitely are delicious and addictive! I always use a foil-lined jelly roll pan for easier clean up. I never measured the brown sugar because I didn't have an actual recipe, but I know I don't use that much. DO try these - you won't be disappointed! Thanks for posting the recipe :)
I made these for a New Year's Eve party. I used 2 pounds of bacon and almost 3 packages of cocktail weiners. I came home with an empty crock pot! I didn't use a full 2 cups of brown sugar. I liberally sprinkled the two pans with brown sugar but I know it wasn't 2 cups. The one mistake I won't make again is to line the pans with foil. They were a mess to clean up but so worth it!