Even though this is a very old recipe, I thought it might be something new to the "young whipper-snappers" who have recently joined Zaar. It was always a popular appetizer.
- Marinate the water chestnuts in soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Roll each chestnut in the brown sugar.
- Wrap each chestnut with a piece of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange on a cake rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- NOTE: This can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator until ready to bake.