Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These keep nice in the crockpot on low and served as an appetizer.
- Cut bacon in thirds.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around a water chestnut and poke a flat toothpick through the bacon and water chestnut.
- Continue wrapping water chestnuts with bacon until finished.
- Place each water chestnut that has been wrapped on broiler pan.
- Cook until bacon is crisp.
- Mix soy sauce and brown sugar together in bowl.
- Place each water chestnut with bacon in sauce.
- Serve hot.
These are great. I have been making them forever. The only thing I do different is make half with water chestnuts and half with pineapple chunks. With the pineapple you get that delicious "sweet and salty" thing.
I thought these were great. Everyone ate them up super fast and I had to make more. I love the soy flavor and didn't think it was too strong. I even made more of the glaze and poured it over the top. Thanks Karen!
These were good. I heard about this idea on tv and decided to look here. I didn't like the strong soy flavor, so I added 2 tbs of honey to the sauce. I think this would be good with some peppered bacon too. I am sorry the picture is so small, it is from my phone. Thanks :)