Recipe by ellie_
My mother used to make these and keep them warm on a warming tray (the kind you plug into the wall) for appetizers. These are really easy and my dh loved these simple appetizers -- plus they can be considered emergency appetizers too as it's easy to have the three ingredients (bacon, a can of water chestnuts and brown sugar) needed to make these on hand all the time.
Top Review by rosie316
Yummy little snack. I would normally just wrap bacon around the water chestnuts (plain), bake and serve ranch dip for dunking. This was my first time adding sweetness to them. They were so good. They didn't need any dip or extra flavoring. The brown sugar was such a nice touch. Mine did take closer to 20+ minutes (turning occasionally), but I didn't mind that at all. Hubby enjoyed these as much as I did. Now I have two ways to make these wonderful little appy's. Thanks for posting. (Made for PR MR)
- 24 water chestnuts (1 small can, drained)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 pieces bacon, cut into thirds (24 pieces of bacon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water chestnuts with sugar.
- Wrap bacon piece around water chestnuts attaching with a toothpick; repeat for all remaining bacon and water chestnuts. ***You can do this hours ahead and refrigerated.
- In a 425-degree F oven, roast wrapped water chestnuts for 15 minutes or until bacon is golden brown.
- Serve hot or keep warm on a hot plate (see description).