Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy to make party dish or appetizer. Times do not reflect marinating time.
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnut Dim Sum recipe from Food.com.
- 16 fresh water chestnuts (can use canned)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- Peel and rinse fresh water chestnuts. If using canned be sure to rinse well and drain. Marinate chestnuts in soy sauce for 2 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put the brown sugar in a dish and break up any clumps. Remove chestnuts from soy sauce and immediately roll in brown sugar. Wrap each with 1 piece of the cut bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place chestnuts on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake 30 minutes, turning once.
- Note: They can be prepared in advance and frozen before cooking. Lasts 2 to 3 months in a sealed freezer bag.