Recipe by MTDavids
A can't miss appetizer. Got this from a friend a few years back. Thanks Connie!
Top Review by Wyoming Mom
Great appetizer! Instead of using a whole piece of bacon per chestnut, I usually cut each strip into thirds. Put them under the broiler until bacon is done (about 7 minutes) before adding the sauce. When I am in a hurry I simply used the precooked bacon slices. Taste just as great!!
- 16 ounces whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon slices in half and wrap one piece around each water chestnut.
- Secure with a tooth pick.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees until bacon is crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Mix mayo, chili sauce, and brown sugar in a small sauce pan and simmer until heated through.
- Place cooked water chestnuts in an ovenproof baking dish and cover with sauce.
- Cover dish and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.