Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Trout is readily available but often overlooked. The bacon adds flavour to the fish while protecting it from the heat of the grill. Make sure the bacon is thinly sliced, and soak the string in cold water ahead of time so it doesn't burn. From the LCBO magazine.
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 sprigs fresh sage
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 (12 -14 ounce) whole trout (375 to 430 g)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- Place 1 garlic clove and 1 sage and thyme sprig inside each fish. Season them well with salt and pepper.
- Lay 2 slices bacon, overlapping, on a board. Place the fish on top and wrap the bacon around the fish, securing it with the string. Repeat with the remaining fish.
- Preheat the grill to high, then oil well. Grill the fish 4 to 6 minutes a side, or until the bacon is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Cut off the string and serve.
- Tip: To make grilling fish easier and prevent it from sticking, place it in a well-oiled fish basket and secure well.
This trout was delicious! We really enjoyed it, it was very moist and flavorful. DD and SIL loved too! ZWT7 - Shady Ladies