1/2 Photos of Bacon-Wrapped Trout
Trout is readily available but often overlooked. The bacon adds flavour to the fish while protecting it from the heat of the grill. Make sure the bacon is thinly sliced, and soak the string in cold water ahead of time so it doesn't burn. From the LCBO magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1 garlic clove and 1 sage and thyme sprig inside each fish. Season them well with salt and pepper.
- 2Lay 2 slices bacon, overlapping, on a board. Place the fish on top and wrap the bacon around the fish, securing it with the string. Repeat with the remaining fish.
- 3Preheat the grill to high, then oil well. Grill the fish 4 to 6 minutes a side, or until the bacon is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- 4Cut off the string and serve.
- 5Tip: To make grilling fish easier and prevent it from sticking, place it in a well-oiled fish basket and secure well.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Wrapped Trout
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.2
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 208.1 mg
- Sodium 310.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 72.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: