Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Just Hungry. The two conflicting sides of my appetite... Together at last! Yum!
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- Drain the tofu, and wrap in several layers of paper towels. Place on a plate and put a board or another plate on top.
- Leave for a few minutes to drain some water out of the tofu. Unwrap and cut into bite sized pieces that are about the width of your bacon.
- Wrap each piece in bacon, going around at least once so the ends overlap. You may need to cut the bacon.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Put the bacon wrapped tofu pieces with the overlapping edges side down.
- Cook until crisp, then turn. Keep cooking and turning until done on all sides.
- A sweet-salty variation is to add a little bit of soy sauce to the pan, and a sprinkle (maybe about 2 tsp.) of brown sugar; stir rapidly to melt the sugar, then turn the bacon-tofu in the sauce until the moisture has largely evaporated.
- Eat hot or at room temperature, preferably with plain rice as part of a Japanese meal. Also a nice appetizer or sake drinking accompaniment.