This is a very easy to make recipe I got from a friend living in Georgia. This is hands down the best pork I have ever had in my life. Tenderloin is slit in the middle, dabbed with apricot marmalade, wrapped in bacon and seasoned with black pepper, and then grilled. The bacon keeps this moist and juicy on the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pat dry the tenderloins.
- 2Carefully slit them down the middle, but not all the way through, so they open up like a hot dog bun. It is imperative not to slice them all the way through.
- 3Combine the finely chopped habenero and the apricot jam. Mix well.
- 4Apply the marmalade liberally in the slit openings of the filets.
- 5Close, and wrap the whole filet with bacon.
- 6It takes about 6-7 strips per filet.
- 7Tie with kitchen string, or secure with toothpicks soaked in water.
- 8Coat the outside of the bacon wrapped filets with black pepper, or your favorite seasoning, i.e. cajun or creole, etc.
- 9No need to add salt, the bacon is salty enough already.
- 10Grill over medium, indirect, heat, turning often, until cooked to desired temperature, about 20 minutes.
- 11It is important to use indirect heat so as not to burn the bacon.
- 12The bacon should be crispy though.
- 13Slice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.8
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 249.4 mg
- Sodium 1449.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 79.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: