Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very easy to make recipe I got from a friend living in Georgia. This is hands down the best pork I have ever had in my life. Tenderloin is slit in the middle, dabbed with apricot marmalade, wrapped in bacon and seasoned with black pepper, and then grilled. The bacon keeps this moist and juicy on the grill.
- Wash and pat dry the tenderloins.
- Carefully slit them down the middle, but not all the way through, so they open up like a hot dog bun. It is imperative not to slice them all the way through.
- Combine the finely chopped habenero and the apricot jam. Mix well.
- Apply the marmalade liberally in the slit openings of the filets.
- Close, and wrap the whole filet with bacon.
- It takes about 6-7 strips per filet.
- Tie with kitchen string, or secure with toothpicks soaked in water.
- Coat the outside of the bacon wrapped filets with black pepper, or your favorite seasoning, i.e. cajun or creole, etc.
- No need to add salt, the bacon is salty enough already.
- Grill over medium, indirect, heat, turning often, until cooked to desired temperature, about 20 minutes.
- It is important to use indirect heat so as not to burn the bacon.
- The bacon should be crispy though.
- Slice and enjoy!