Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I seen Rachael Ray make these on her new show! They looked so good I had to try them.
- 40 pieces frozen tater tots (1/2 bag)
- 20 slices lean bacon (1 pound)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut bacon strips in half making 2 equal size pieces, about 4 inches each.
- Place a tater tot on the end of the half-strip of bacon and roll it around the tot, slightly overlapping by 1/2 inch.
- Cut off any excess bacon. Pierce with a toothpick and place bacon wrapped tot on a baking sheet. It helps if the tater tots are thawed out a bit.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
Love bacon, love crispiness!
Thanks for this keeper. They are so easy, and even more tasty. I take them from the freezer, and wrap them. I keep checking them until I can get the water soaked toothpick through. They need to be as frozen as possible or they will come apart during baking. I will definitely be making these a lot. By the way, these were just as good after cooling to room temperature.
Made these for my brother-in-law's birthday (he is a bacon freak). They were good, but greasy.