Recipe by Drea M
This has been a huge hit for anyone that eats these! Easy bar food style recipe that everyone will love. Bacon and jalapeno slice wrapped around tator tot and deep fried, topped with cheddar cheese and great dipped in ranch! Perfect party food or snack!
Top Review by Ms N Baker
Mmmmm!!! These tots are fast, easy to make, and they taste delicious!!! I ate them once before at a restaurant where I paid $5 for 6 tots. I came home, searched up the recipe and found that I already had all the ingredients, so I started up the deep fryer.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 12 ounces bacon (each slice cut in 1/2)
- 16 ounces pickled jalapeno peppers or 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, to sprinkle on top
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- toothpick, to hold together
Directions See How It's Made
- Slightly defrost tator tots to allow toothpick to go through.
- Hold jalapeno slice around tator tot then wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around and secure together with toothpick.
- Make as many as you can then deep fat fry them at 375 degrees for about 3-4 minutes or untill brown and crispy looking. ( I think it cooks a little better after they have been frozen together and it's great to keep some frozen for on the spot snack needing)
- Immediately sprinkle with cheddar cheese (You can microwave a little so the cheese gets melted more) and provide a side of ranch for dipping.