1/1 Photo of Bacon Wrapped Swai
I found this recipe online when I was looking for something to do with my Swai fillets. Swai is similar to catfish with its white flesh, but has a milder flavor and more delicate texture. The recipe came from Milk & Honey Naturals. The fish stayed nice and tender (not dry at all) and the broiling at the end crisped up the bacon nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 swai fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 6 -8 slices thin cut bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Liberally grease a baking sheet or line with foil.
- 3I lined mine with foil and it didn't stick to the foil at all.
- 4Lightly sprinkle the fillets with the Italian seasoning.
- 5Lay out 3-4 strips of uncooked bacon depending on how long your fillets are.
- 6Lay a fillet on top of the bacon.
- 7Wrap the bacon around the fillet so that there are few gaps between the slices.
- 8I overlapped some of my slices-it was fine.
- 9Repeat the process for the other fillet.
- 10Bake at 400 for 30 minuets.
- 11After the 30 minutes are up, broil on High for 1-3 minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- 12Watch it carefully so the bacon doesn't burn.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Swai
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g