Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Im sure this recipe has been done many times before, but I started making it several years ago with some friends. Simple, though a little bit labor intensive, and, if you like hot peppers, delicious!! We like spicy, so I sometimes substitute a few habaneros to heat it up a little more. (Not for everyone!!!!!!)
- Pre-Heat oven to 325.
- Start by washing the jalapenos, cutting the stem off, and then cutting them in half lengthwise.
- Next, devein and remove the seeds. ( I leave in for extra heat)
- Now you are ready to stuff the peppers with cream cheese. Using a knife cut about a quarter of an inch slice of cream cheese, short side, and then smooth it into the pepper.
- After this step is completed, you are ready to wrap them in bacon. I usually cut about half of the pack of bacon in half and use the full strips for the larger peppers. Now just start wrapping. If wrapped from one end to the other moderately tight, no toothpicks are needed to hold the bacon on.
- This method should use just about all of the cream cheese and all of the bacon.
- Now put them in the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Check them periodically as oven temps vary. They are ready when the bacon is firm, not crisp and the cheese is slightly brown. Enjoy!