You know the old saying "Bacon Makes Everything Better" Well, we all know that is not true but in this recipe the Bacon adds a dimension to the dish that pushes it over the top! Don't be scared by the recipe it is easier to do than first glance will lead you to believe and the end result is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll skin of chicken back. Slice 2 slits in the chicken and place cheddar cheese cubes and then roll skin back up.
- 2Season the drum sticks with salt and pepper.
- 3Wrap with bacon.
- 4Preheat oven 400.
- 5Fry wrapped drumsticks on medium heat in cast iron skillet (or heavy pan). 12 -15 minutes on each side, until all sides brown.
- 6While browning drumsticks. Slice onion and tomato.
- 7Pull off heat and cool off.
- 8Drain off grease, save about a Tablespoon.
- 9Put in onions and sauté until lightly wilted.
- 10Put in tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and oregano.
- 11Put chicken back in and spoon sauce around the drumsticks.
- 12Put in oven 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: