Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sinfully delicious!! Salty and sweet, crispy and gooey!! Yum! Surprisingly easy and look fantastic. I had these at a restaurant and then went on a hunt to find a similar recipe. Found one online and tweaked it some. If you use thick cut bacon, par-cook it some before wrapping dates.
- Simmer balsamic vinegar in small saucepan until reduced by half. Syrup will be thick. Set aside.
- Mix almonds into goat cheese.
- Cut small slit in dates and stuff with small amount of cheese mixture.
- Cut each bacon slice into 3 pieces. (Par-cook if thick sliced.) Wrap piece of bacon around each date, and secure with toothpick.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil for about 10 minutes, turning over when browned on first side. Be careful as they can burn quickly.
- Arrange on serving platter and drizzle with reserved balsamic reduction.