Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 medjool dates
- 8 walnuts or 8 almonds
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a sharp paring knife, make a slit across the length of each date so that the pocket in the fruit is exposed. Remove the pit and replace it with a walnut or almond.
- Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of blue cheese into the pocket over and around the nut in each date. The dates should be tightly stuffed but not overflowing with cheese. Place each date at the bottom of a bacon strip half; roll up as tightly as possible. Sprinkly with ground black pepper. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the dates on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, until bacon is brown and crispy.