Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great Entree with Dining for 2. This quick and easy recipe will be sure to when over your loved one. Juicy and full of Flavor in every bite. If Using Blue Cheese make sure it's Gluten Free. Most Blue Cheese is made with out Gluten now. But if your not sure Feta and Baby Swiss Cheese are Naturally Gluten Free and a great subsitute in this recipe. Enjoy!!!!............... from: Chef Travis W Holland
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless-skinless (Free Range)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -5 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 slices bacon (by Beeler's Gluten Free)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced & sauteed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a Medium Sauté Pan, place the Olive Oil and slightly heat up then add the Mushrooms in, then Minced Garlic. Cook for 3-4 min or until they lightly start to brown. Place Mushroom and Garlic in a Bowl and add in the Chopped Spinach. Fold Mixture together, and allow to cool.
- Using a small sharp knife cut into the thick end of the chicken and make an incision reaching 2/3 the way down the breast. Loosen up the incision with your fingers to make a Pocket. Season the chicken with pepper. Combine the Blue cheese with the Spinach and Mushroom Mix and stuff the breasts. Then spiral-wrap the breasts with the bacon tightly to cover the meat evenly. Place chicken on a nonstick baking sheet and roast 20 to 22 minutes until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm.
- By: Chef Travis W. Holland.
I made this especially for my other half, since I'm hot a big fan of 3 of the ingredients here ~ blue cheese, spinach & mushrooms (although the latter two raw are just fine)! In spite of that, I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty these breasts are, & they made for a very nice main course, something I'd be happy to make again for company! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]