Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You won't beleive how good this is. Hubby wanted to lick the plate. Yum
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Steak With Balsamic Onion Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a large frying pan heat oil over high heat.
- Add onions and lower the heat to medium.
- Add salt& pepper mix thoroughly.
- Sweat onions down for about 15 minutes stirring often.
- You want the onions very soft.
- Add sugar and reduce heat to low.
- Mix well& cook 5-10 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Add balsamic vinegar.
- Mix well cook for 20-40 minutes until sauce becomes a dark rich syrup.
- Pre-heat ove to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in a oven proof skillet.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each filet, secure with toothpick if needed.
- sprinkle steaks with crushed peppercorns.
- Sear each side of filets about 2 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Steakes will be medium rare.
- Remove filets from skillet.
- Allow to rest 1-2 minutes Pour warm sauce over top& serve.
This was PERFECT. I can't believe I actually cooked this and it worked and it was so easy. Seriously. Steak is like one of those things I don't even try, but I had a special occasion and went for it. So glad I did and so glad you posted this. BF will love me forever for this one.
I didn't make the bacon wrapped steak, but I made the balsamic onion sauce. Can I just say, "WOW!" If you like balsamic vinegar and onions, you'll LOVE this. I saved and topped it on salad and the steak I'd made. There was a bit left the day after and I just ate it out of the tupperware. LOL. YUM
This was really yummy! Thanks for sharing!