1/2 Photos of Bacon Wrapped Steak Fries
Cap'n Ron's Note:
Easy to do and always a hit. These are great to serve either as a snack along with your favorite frosty beverage, or as a side to a good steak. Butt Kickin' Blacken contains neither salt nor sugar and is available at www.capnrons.com?id=rz. Most other blacken seasonings contain a lot of slat and you will have to adjust this recipe accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Wash then slice the potatoes, lengthwise, into 8 long strips.
- 3Place them in salted water, to cover, for at least 15 minutes. This will remove the surface starch.
- 4Dry, then coat well with oil, Butt Kickin' Blacken, and salt.
- 5Place on a sheet pan.
- 6Bake at 450 for 20 - 25 minutes, or until they get a little soft, and begin to brown.
- 7Cut each piece of bacon into 2 long strips, and wrap around the potatoes. You won't need toothpicks if you tuck the ends under the potatoes when you place them back in the pan.
- 8Place back in the oven and cook for another 10 - 15 minutes, or, until the bacon looks crispy.
- 9Serve immediately with "Bacon Sour Cream". (Sour Cream that you've added cooked, ground bacon).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Steak Fries
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 717.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g