Recipe by enderspartan828 the chef
This is my favorite steak ever so when you cook it I hope you enjoy. I learned different techniques from Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver videos and made this recipe from what I learned.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut thick 1 . 5 - 2 inches
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 head peeled crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- wrap each steak with a strip of bacon.
- put the olive oil in a large pan and heat the pan until you can move the olive oil around easily.
- put your steaks in the pan and if you hear a sizzling noise that is good if not take the steaks out and heat it longer.
- cook the steaks for 1 min on each side.
- place the rosemary (or thyme) sprigs, garlic, and butter in the pan with the steaks.
- flip steaks and continue to cook them 1 minute on each side until they have cooked a total of 3 minutes on each side.
- put the steaks in the oven for 8 mins .
- remove steaks from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes.
- remove the rosemary (or thyme) sprigs and the garlic from the pan, leaving all of the liquid.
- pour red wine into the liquid left over in the pan.
- cook the juices and red wine over low heat until boiling.
- add the juice from the meat resting pan into the mix of liquids left over in the pan and it makes an amazing sauce.
- plate the steak and pour the sauce over it. ENJOY!