1/1 Photo of Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp With Quick Bearnaise Sauce
Little Bee's Note:
These are fabulous! Very easy to prepare and impressive for a romantic dinner or company! You can grill these or cook them under the broiler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 16 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, with the tail segment left on
- 8 slices smoked bacon, cut crosswise in thirds
- 16 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained
- 1For the béarnaise sauce: Combine the mayonnaise, shallots, tarragon, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Cover and let stand at room temperature to blend the flavors, at least 1 hour.
- 3Wrap a bacon strip around each shrimp, securing the bacon with a toothpick.
- 4Broil: 5 minutes until bacon starts to crisp.
- 5Turn shrimp and broil another few minutes until bacon is crisp all the way, remove and drain on paper towels.
- 6Keep shrimp warm.
- 7Or For Barbeque: Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- 8Brush grill rack lightly with oil.
- 9Grill, covered, turning once, until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp is firm, about 8 minute.
- 10Remove toothpicks and serve immediately with the sauce.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp With Quick Bearnaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: