Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with a Jalapeno kick.
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp With Jalapeno recipe from Food.com.
- Place shrimp and vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for 15 mn.
- Microwave bacon for 1 mn on HIGH. Cut slices in half crosswise (for a total of 24 pieces) and let cool.
- Heat broiler. Coat a large broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Put one piece of bacon on a work surface. Place a shrimp at one end; tuck a jalapeno slice into curl of shrimp. Roll bacon up tightly to enclose filling, securing with toothpick. Repeat using all bacon, shrimp and jalapenos.
- Stir together mayo, chili sauce, pickle relish, red pepper and 1 TBL water in a small bowl.
- Place shrimp rolls on prepared pan. Brush with reserved marinade.
- Broil 3 mn. Turn, brush with marinade and broil 2 mn more.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
Great ! Great !! Great !!! Two very minor adjustments I made. I did soak the toothpicks, and I doubled the chili sauce. had no problem with the preparation. Loved the pow with the jalapenos, and the bacon gave it a nice extra flavor. Made for Pick A Chef 2012.
I found a recipe just like this one years ago and it became a family tradition. One tip is to soak the toothpicks prior to skewering so they do not burn under the broiler. Also buy the biggest shrimp you can find if you plan on feeding an army of shrimp lovers and enlist help for larger quantaties. I use Newman Own salad dressing for the marinade, half the bottle for marinade, half for coating. It is so worth the assembling time!!
i gives a 3