Recipe by Cooker2K
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with a Jalapeno kick.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Great ! Great !! Great !!! Two very minor adjustments I made. I did soak the toothpicks, and I doubled the chili sauce. had no problem with the preparation. Loved the pow with the jalapenos, and the bacon gave it a nice extra flavor. Made for Pick A Chef 2012.
- 24 shrimp, medium size shelled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 12 slices bacon
- 24 pickled jalapeno peppers
- 24 wooden toothpicks
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp and vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for 15 mn.
- Microwave bacon for 1 mn on HIGH. Cut slices in half crosswise (for a total of 24 pieces) and let cool.
- Heat broiler. Coat a large broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Put one piece of bacon on a work surface. Place a shrimp at one end; tuck a jalapeno slice into curl of shrimp. Roll bacon up tightly to enclose filling, securing with toothpick. Repeat using all bacon, shrimp and jalapenos.
- Stir together mayo, chili sauce, pickle relish, red pepper and 1 TBL water in a small bowl.
- Place shrimp rolls on prepared pan. Brush with reserved marinade.
- Broil 3 mn. Turn, brush with marinade and broil 2 mn more.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.