Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp W. Grilled Corn & White Cheddar Cheese recipe from Food.com.
For the Shrimp
- 18 pieces black tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 9 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- grapeseed oil, for searing
For the Grits
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 1 quart quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups grilled corn kernels
- 1 cup poblano pepper, small diced
- 2 cups aged white cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
For the Chipotle-Tomato Butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Shrimp Prep:.
- Season shrimp with a little Kosher salt. Using a hot grill, quickly mark each shrimp. Remove from grill and allow time to cool. Shrimp should still be uncooked. When cool enough to handle, wrap each shrimp with a half piece of bacon. Season with cracked black pepper. Sear each shrimp in grapeseed oil till crispy on both sides. Serve when rest of dish is ready.
- Grits Prep:.
- Using a deep saucepot combine chicken stock and milk. Bring to a simmer, add butter, and allow time for it to dissolve. Slowly whisk in grits a little at a time. When grits begin to thicken, lower heat. Switch to a spatula and fold in the rest of the ingredients. Adjust for addition seasonings if needed. If grits are too thick, add more chicken stock.
- For the Chipotle-Tomato Butter Sauce:.
- In a saucepot, sauté onions and garlic over medium heat. Next, add tomatoes, chipotle peppers and peppercorns. Continue to cook for another three minutes. Deglaze with chicken stock and lower heat. Cook for 5 minutes then place in a blender; blend till smooth. Place liquid back in saucepot and over low heat mount with butter, whisking in a little at a time. Add cilantro and season with lemon juice and salt. Turn off heat and allow 5 minutes to steep cilantro. Strain through fine mesh strainer and reserve warm till time to serve.
- To Plate:.
- Place small amount of grits in the center of a large plate. Drizzle sauce around grits. Place three pieces of shrimp around grits. Serve.