Recipe by smoke alarm jr
A tasty and quick appetizer from Paula Deen. This simple recipe is quick to put on the table or to serve as a bread side. Very easy to season to one's taste and fun to experiment. Try some crushed red pepper in the cheese mixture, a tsp or two of dry ranch dressing mix, or a tsp or two of light brown sugar, or chives.
Top Review by jonesies
Great appetizer! Made these and took them to a picnic for the buffet table. They were very well received. Given previous reviewers comments about possible sogginess, I wrapped as instructed and then put two cooling racks on top of my cookie sheet. The breadsticks went on top of the racks and any grease dripped onto the cookie sheet. Mine were very nicely crisped up. I took them out of the oven and then sprinkled the cheese and seasonings that I had already mixed up onto the breadsticks. Yummy recipe! Thanks for posting!
- 24 sesame breadsticks (4 1/2-inch long)
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half to make 24 shorter slices
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Mix into cheese (whatever variations you like)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- dry ranch dip mix (optional)
- chives (optional)
- brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cheese and garlic salt/powder (other preferred seasonings).
- Wrap bacon slices in a spiral around each breadstick.
- Place breadsticks on greased or parchment lined pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until bacon is browned just a bit.
- Remove and carefully roll the hot breadsticks in cheese mixture.
- Let cool and enjoy!