A tasty and quick appetizer from Paula Deen. This simple recipe is quick to put on the table or to serve as a bread side. Very easy to season to one's taste and fun to experiment. Try some crushed red pepper in the cheese mixture, a tsp or two of dry ranch dressing mix, or a tsp or two of light brown sugar, or chives.
- 24 sesame breadsticks (4 1/2-inch long)
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half to make 24 shorter slices
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Mix into cheese (whatever variations you like)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- dry ranch dip mix (optional)
- chives (optional)
- brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cheese and garlic salt/powder (other preferred seasonings).
- Wrap bacon slices in a spiral around each breadstick.
- Place breadsticks on greased or parchment lined pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until bacon is browned just a bit.
- Remove and carefully roll the hot breadsticks in cheese mixture.
- Let cool and enjoy!