Recipe by Thorsten
Tasty grilled fish recipe. Combines nicley the flavors of bacon and fish. Can be prepared in advance, quick, easy and delicious. Serve with crusty bread and green salad. I made this recipe for me and a friend. We only have grilled fish, bread, salad and some white wine and beer. Each of us had one fish. Who needs more on a warm and sunny summer afternoon? It became one of my favorite grilled fish recipes.
For the fish
- 1 lb whole sea bass, gutted and scaled
- 8 -10 slices bacon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the grill
- olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fish inside and outside, pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt into stomach cavity.
- Cut the garlic into slices.
- Staff the garlic and rosmarin into stomach cavity.
- Wrapped the bacon slices around the fish, overlapping slightly. Only head and tailfin should be visible.
- You can store the prepared fish for several hours in the fridge. Remove at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Brush a grill pan with olive oil and put 2 rosemary sprigs into the pan to flavor the oil.
- Place fish in pan. Put it on medium hot grill.
- Grill fish on each side for about 6 minutes. Brush fish with oil if it looks dry.
- Serve immediately.