Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This special treat pairs fresh scallops with bacon, drizzled with maple syrup.
- 20 scallops, roe removed
- 10 slices streaky bacon
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 wooden skewers, about 10cm long, soaked in water
- salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Season the scallops lightly with salt and pepper. Cut the bacon in half crosswise. Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon, string 5 of them onto each skewer and drizzle with half the maple syrup.
- Place the scallops on a baking tray, and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is cooked.
- Drizzle with remaining syrup and freshly ground black pepper and serve.