Recipe by Proud Veteran's wife
I'm posting this because I want to have it in my books to try. I love scallops and saw this on her show today. I have not tried yet, so if anyone does let me know how it worked.
Top Review by ItalianMomof2
Wow! Very nice appetizer! Being Italian, we always have seafood for dinner on Christmas Eve and I came onto Recipezaar looking for something different to do with the scallops and found this recipe! What I especially like about this recipe is that the ingredients, except the scallops, are common items most cooks have in their homes. My scallops weren't the Large ones, but they fit perfectly on the water chestnut without cutting them. I am definately going to make this again tomorrow, my Dh was begging for me to make more for tonight, but he'll have to wait! Thanks again!
- 6 large sea scallops, cut into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 48 slices water chestnuts
- 24 slices pickled ginger
- 12 slices bacon, thickly sliced and cut in half
- 24 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Combine the scallops and the teriyaki sauce in a shallow bowl and marinate for about 15 minutes.
- While the scallops are marinating, line up half of the water chestnuts on a plate or on your cutting board. Place a slice of the pickled ginger on each one, then top with another slice of water chestnut. Place a marinated scallop on top of the water chestnut tower.
- Spread the bacon slices out on a cutting board, as many as you have room for. Place a water chestnut-scallop tower on the end of a bacon slice, then roll the bacon around the tower – you should have 2 bacon sides and 2 exposed water chestnut scallop sides. Put a toothpick through the tower to hold the bacon in place.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped scallops on a broiler pan or a rack on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven for 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.