Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love making these appetizers at Christmas time. Always well received!! I'm guessing on the servings, depends on the size of the scallops.
- 2 lbs bacon (regular sliced, not thick)
- 2 lbs sea scallops (if very large, cut in half)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop; secure with toothpick.
- Arrange the wrapped scallops on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes per side, or until bacon is crisp.
- In small skillet, melt butter; add garlic and saute 1 minute,.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Place scallops in large bowl; pour broth over, Gently toss to coat.
i make this often without the sauce. i made it this time as a dipping sauce, well received, as part of a new years buffet
New Years Eve 2003 special treat! What a wonderful way to start the new year.
Made this last nite and was very good. I did not put a couple of the scallops in the sauce so I could compare the difference in taste and texture. The ones in the sauce was very good but I think my own personal preference was the 2 without the sauce. Also I used sea scallops and they took almost 7 minutes per side. Thanks for the recipe.