1/1 Photo of Bacon Wrapped Scallops
My mother used to make these years ago and kept warm on a warming tray (the kind that is plugged into the wall)and my dh really liked them, so I was glad when I came across this recipe for them in an old Bon Appetit (April 1982)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- 2Grease a pie dish and set aside.
- 3In a pie dish combine first 5 ingredients (flour - garlic powder).
- 4In a seperate pie dish or bowl mix egg and milk together.
- 5In a third pie dish place bread crumbs.
- 6If set up assembly line fashion - this makes a really easy process to get the scallops ready - I use disposable pie tins for this (that come with frozen prepared pie crusts).
- 7Roll scallops in flour mixture and then dip in milk/egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- 8Wrap each scallops with bacon, securing with toothpick and then transfer to prepared greased pie dish.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 10Serve warm (see description above for my mother's method) with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 466.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g