1/4 Photos of Bacon Wrapped Sausage Meatloaf
1 hr 10 mins
A different way of using sausages and a recipe from the Good Food Magazine from 2000, we love it and I made this many times. Serve sliced with some mustard, chutney or roasted onion gravy on the side. Any left overs are good on sandwiches. You can put it together up to a day ahead, leaf in the fridge until you are ready to cook it. It can be cooked without the tin, on a baking sheet and can easily be doubled. Adjust the seasoning to the type of sausagemeat you bought.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 small (500 ml) loaf tin (optional, see intro).
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan, fry onion for about 8 minutes until golden brown, remove from the heat.
- 4With a sharp knife cut open the sausages, remove the meat from the casings and put in a bowl.
- 5Add the onion, tomato puree, mustard, breadcrumbs and egg.
- 6Add seasoning if needed, depending on the sausage meat you have chosen.
- 7Using your hands mix together well and shape into a large sausage, the length of the loaf tin.
- 8Wrap the bacon rashes around the sausage and put it in the loaf tin.
- 9Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, the bacon should be crisp and the meat cooked through.
- 10Let rest in the tin for 5 minutes, turn out, slice and serve!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Sausage Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 1565.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g