1/12 Photos of Bacon Wrapped Roasted Turkey
3 hrs 20 mins
This recipe was shared with me by my wonderful boss who is an AMAZING chef! He helped make my 1st Thanksgiving one to remember by giving me this recipe. This Turkey is so moist and so easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 325°F
- 2Remove giblets and neck from Turkey. Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
- 3Chop Onion and Garlic and mix together. Once chopped and mixed, stuff the Onion and Garlic mixture into Turkey.
- 4Tie up the Turkey's wings, legs, and drumsticks with Kitchen Twine as desired.
- 5Chop Sage and mix in with softened Butter.
- 6Rub Sage/Butter mixture under the skin and over the skin of the Turkey.
- 7Salt and pepper Turkey to taste.
- 8Place uncooked, Bacon slices all over the skin of the uncooked Turkey. They will stick onto the buttered Turkey.
- 9Insert an Oven-Safe Meat Thermometer into the inner thigh area near the breast of the Turkey but not touching the bone.
- 10Place Turkey in a roasting pan and use Foil to tent the uncooked Turkey.
- 11Remove foil tent for last hour of cooking Turkey.
- 12Continue to let bacon cook on Turkey for an additional 15 minutes, then remove. (OPTIONAL - Bacon can then be chopped and placed in a separate dish of your choice).
- 13Remove Turkey from oven once 160 degrees is reached internally in the Turkey.
- 14Allow Turkey to rest for 20-30 minutes, then carve (during the rest period, Turkey will continue to cook to 165 degrees).
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Roasted Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 955.5
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 324.5 mg
- Sodium 756.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 72.6 g