Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These pretzels can be made ahead and frozen up to one month.
- 1 lb thin-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 (10 ounce) packagebraided twist pretzel sticks
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, place a cooling rack inside of foil-lined pan; lightly grease rack.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each pretzel stick.
- In a shallow dish, combine brown sugar and chili powder.
- Roll each wrapped pretzel in sugar mixture to coat.
- Place on prepared rack.
- Bake 20 minutes, turning once, or until bacon is crispy.
- Remove from racks, and let cool.
- To reheat after freezing, place frozen pretzels on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover lightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees 10-15 minutes, or until reheated. Watch carefully, as bacon will burn.
I make these all the time and they are fabulous! a few suggestions...i use the long pretzel sticks (that look like cigars) and cut the bacon lengthwise (in half) or leave it whole and wrap it like a candy cane. I would also cook on a baking sheet rather than a rack...the sugar sort of caramelizes everything and they are awesome...watch them carefully, as they burn quickly...they may require a little trial and error, but well worth it!