Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
I found this recipe in one of those cooking magazines years ago. They're a baked potato with a twist.
- Rinse potatoes under cool water.
- Scrub with a vegetable brush.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Place thin onion slices between potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with the other potato half.
- Wrap two slices of bacon around each potato.
- Secure with several toothpicks.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes; in a 325 degree oven.
My bacon cooked way too crispy tonight. I think the next time I do this, I will wrap the spuds in foil for 2/3rds of their cooking time removing it to finish. They tasted fantastic, and this recipe is really worth trying and altering to suit!
Thought it was a great idea, but mine turned out pretty nasty. Maybe my spuds were too big. If we try it again I'm going to bake at 350 and choose smaller bakers. Used some leftover green onions for the insides. Smelled fabulous!
A very simple yet nice way to make a baked potato. I really like baked poatatoes and this was a great variation. :)