Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
I just bought a 8 pound loin last night and think I'll try half like this.
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small fennel bulbs, cut into eighths
- 8 dried apricots, cut in half
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Top the pork with the thyme and wrap it with the bacon.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and fennel.
- Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook the pork for 2 minutes per side.
- Add the apricots.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve with the fennel and apricots.