Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't care for pork, but I definitely like this!
- 1133.98 g boneless pork loin
- black pepper
- 113.39 g hickory smoked bacon
- 5 sprig fresh rosemary
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 907.18 g boiling potatoes, cut in chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Wrap the bacon around the pork and tie with string. Tuck the rosemary here and there under the string.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy casserole dish over medium heat. Add the roast and brown it lightly on all sides, about 4 minutes. (Keep turning the meat so the rosemary won't burn.) When the roast has a golden color, turn the heat off and add the potatoes and garlic. Mix the potatoes, garlic, and oil well. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Put the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Baste the roast with pan juices while cooking. Check the roast for doneness by piercing with a knife. The roast is done when the juices that come out are clear and NOT pink.
- Take the roast out of the oven, remove the string, slice the meat, and serve with potatoes and some pan juice. (I like mine with a salad and baked sweet potatoes.).