Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't care for pork, but I definitely like this!
Make and share this Bacon-Wrapped Pork Roast With Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Wrap the bacon around the pork and tie with string. Tuck the rosemary here and there under the string.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy casserole dish over medium heat. Add the roast and brown it lightly on all sides, about 4 minutes. (Keep turning the meat so the rosemary won't burn.) When the roast has a golden color, turn the heat off and add the potatoes and garlic. Mix the potatoes, garlic, and oil well. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Put the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Baste the roast with pan juices while cooking. Check the roast for doneness by piercing with a knife. The roast is done when the juices that come out are clear and NOT pink.
- Take the roast out of the oven, remove the string, slice the meat, and serve with potatoes and some pan juice. (I like mine with a salad and baked sweet potatoes.).
very good, no left overs with this one